Last Updated November 29, 2020
Please read this Statement carefully before using our Website or submitting any information to us. Using our Website and submitting information is voluntary, and, by using our Website, or submitting information, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to our collection and use of your information as described in this Statement. If you do not agree to any of the provisions in this Statement, please do not use the Website or disclose or submit any information to us.
All individuals whose responsibilities include the processing of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) on behalf of AnHeart Therapeutics are expected to protect that data by adherence to this Statement.
When we use the term “Services” we mean to refer collectively to: the websites agios.com and any other websites or mobile applications that we own and operate that link to or expressly adopt this Privacy Notice; prospective research and employee application processes; and Our marketing and business development activities, including events we host (such as webinars), social media properties we create, and emails that we send.
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to or knowingly collect Personal Information online from, children under the age of majority in the countries where the Services are accessed and used without appropriate consent. If you are under the age of majority in your country, do not provide us with any Personal Information either directly or by other means. If you learn that a child has accessed or used the Services without parental permission, please contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
2. Information we collect
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from third-party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with AnHeart Therapeutics and the requirements of applicable law. We endeavor to collect information only relevant for the purposes of processing such information as permitted by applicable laws. Below are some of the ways we collect information, how we use it and the legal bases for such collection and uses.
When you use this Website, AnHeart Therapeutics will collect only the Personal Information you provide us, if any, such as title, name, address, phone number, email address, username, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We also may collect any Personal Information you provide us when you apply for employment via our Website, or when you contact us via e-mail for information or assistance, including the content of your e-mail.
Some of the ways that AnHeart Therapeutics may collect your Personal Information include:
- The Website, surveys, business or marketing events.
- When you use the Website, you may have opportunities to sign up to receive specific information and we may ask for your contact information, so that we can send you specific information you have requested.
- When you apply for employment via our Website, or when you contact us via e-mail for information or assistance, we may obtain the information you provide, including the content of your e-mail, your name, contact information and other details included in your request.
- As you navigate the Website, certain passive information may also be collected, including internet protocol addresses, cookies, navigational data, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the browser software you use and your operating system, the date and time you access our Website, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website.
- From time to time, AnHeart Therapeutics may collect Personal Information to enable you to use online social media resources offered either by AnHeart Therapeutics or a third party as part of the Website. Generally, online social media resources are interactive tools that enable you to collaborate and share information with others. When using social media resources, you should take into careful consideration what Personal Information you share with others.
4. How we use your personal information
Depending on how you interact with AnHeart Therapeutics, we and our third-party service providers may use Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing Information and Services You Requested. AnHeart Therapeutics may use the Personal Information about you to provide you information that you may request. AnHeart Therapeutics may also use your Personal Information to deliver a specific program to you, when you enroll to receive the program. Such use may include: (a) generally managing your information; (b) responding to questions, comments and requests; (c) providing access to certain areas and features of our Website; and (d) permitting you to register for events or participate in webinars.
- Administrative Purposes. AnHeart Therapeutics may use the Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including, without limitation, to: (a) measure interest in our Website and programs; (b) perform internal quality control; (c) verify identity; (d) send communications regarding the Website, programs or services.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. The Website may offer various tools and functionality. For example, the Website may include functionality that will allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by AnHeart Therapeutics or any other third parties for any other purpose.
- Pseudonymous Data. AnHeart Therapeutics may use and share your anonymized or aggregated information within AnHeart Therapeutics or with third parties for public health, research, analytics and any other legally permissible purposes. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information.
- Other Uses. AnHeart Therapeutics may use your Personal Information for other purposes disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
5. Disclosure of personal information
Before disclosing Sensitive Personal Information (a subset of Personal Information which, due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections; examples include race or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs; genetic and biometric data; information about one’s health or sex life; information relating to the commission of a criminal offense; financial account numbers; and government issued identifiers) to a third party or processing Sensitive Personal Information for any purpose you have not authorized, AnHeart Therapeutics will try to get your explicit consent (opt-in).
6. Links To Third Party Sites
As a convenience to our visitors, the Website may contain links to a number of websites that we believe may offer useful information. The privacy policies and procedures described herein do not apply to such websites or their content, or to any collection of your personal information after you click on links to such third-party websites.
AnHeart Therapeutics is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while AnHeart Therapeutics uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, AnHeart Therapeutics cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using the Website, you agree and acknowledge that AnHeart Therapeutics shall not be liable or responsible if any information about you is intercepted, accessed, and/or used by an unintended recipient. If you have reason to believe that the security your communications or Personal Information has been compromised, please immediately notify us immediately.
9. Do Not Track
At this time, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your web browser due to the lack of an established industry standard. For more information about “Do Not Track” signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
10. Governing Law And Jurisdiction
This site is owned and operated by AnHeart Therapeutics in the United States. However, your personal information may be accessible or transferred to our affiliates, vendors, and suppliers who are located in other countries. If you are visiting this site from a country other than the United States, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international borders. We have implemented reasonable measures to help protect your personal information; for example, intended recipients are contractually bound to comply with certain data protection standards. However, certain countries and territories may not provide a similar or adequate level of protection as that provided by your home country or region. Therefore, by using the Sites or Services or otherwise providing information to us, you hereby expressly consent to the transfer of your personal information outside your country or region.
11. Contact Information
If you have questions regarding this Statement, want to submit a request, or for other reasons anticipated above, please contact us at:
AnHeart Therapeutics , Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
5 Penn Plaza, 23rd floor
New York, NY 10001